To Field Strip the 1910 Mauser:
- With the magazine in the gun, draw the slide back until it locks open. Make sure the gun is unloaded.
- Press in the spring below the muzzle and twist the recoil spring guide to one side. (The side-latch model did not have a spring.)
- Pull the recoil spring guide out the front of the pistol.
- Lift the barrel straight up and out of the frame.
- Holding the slide firmly, remove the magazine to release the slide catch.
- Carefully draw the slide off the front of the frame.
- The striker will be cocked and under considerable spring pressure. Carefully lift the striker and spring free from engagement with the sear.
- The side plate may be eased upward out of the frame if necessary for lubrication or maintenance. (The early side-latch model may have its side plate removed with the slide still on the frame.)